(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

4.14.2005

...in the land of rhinestones

so this is my blog. hi. my name's newton dominey. i play music, mostly of my own creation, that falls into the wide genre of folk-roots-indie-pop-rock. people always ask me, "who do you sound like?" i am very bad at answering this question, but i'll give it a shot: if you like listening to the lemonheads/evan dando, elvis costello, big star, neil young, and ryan adams, i think you'll like listening to me. (side note: musicians absolutely (sarcasm alert) LOVE that question. just like filmmakers like it when you ask whose movies they imitate or when you ask a painter whose work they copy. i know it's a semi-necessary question, but we at least like to pretend that we're original.) there, that's done.

i'm from texas and i live in nashville, tn. because i've been scolded recently for making the comment that tennessee sucks, i'll just say that i enjoy living here but that the humidity doesn't quite agree with me. i've been here for a while, long enough anyway to remember when bar nashville was the ace of clubs (and had go-go dancer cages), 328 performance hall was awesome, the nashville knights were the only hockey club in town and downtown was scary.

i'm going to try to use this as a more casual way to let people know about shows and other goings on. if i can, i'll try to do some photo and song uploads. if i can't, you can always see plenty of pictures and hear plenty of songs at newtondominey.net or at myspace.com/newtondominey.

3 Comments:

At 4:08 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Wow. I'm going to take at least partial credit for inspiration here. You gotta tell me how to get your little links on the side. Then I'll link you, along with a couple of other good ones. I also happen to have just been introduced to the Nashville World of Bloggers, which will get you a lot of traffic. Maybe you'll even hear from Morgan.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Oh...and I totally remember the cages and 328 was my second home. So sad.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger newton dominey said...

it's a snap. email me off my profile here or through my "official" site and i'll show you how.

i met drivin' 'n' cryin' behind ace of clubs one nite. kevn kinney used to be one scary looking dude. getting older and fatter seems to agree with him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home