(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

5.22.2006

finally! (with notes)

after a gestation period that seems to have lasted as long as that of a whale, i picked up my guitar last nite and managed to write something that wasn't immediately tossed into the "worthless pile of horse crap" bin.

it's funny: i used to force myself to finish a song in the same "sitting" that i started it, and i'd never rework it. never. i guess you could say i wrote in pen (i always write in pen, but you get the metaphor, right?). at the time, i chalked it up to wanting to write while i was "in the moment" and that, in 2 weeks or whenever, i would no longer be in the moment. for those of you looking for songwriting advice, grab a pen and pad. DON'T WRITE THIS WAY.

here's a couple of bits from the two (TWO!!!) new songs. both are as of yet unfinished and as of yet untitled.

and i could use a little sunshine now
i could use a little silver cloud
won't you be my rainbow beam?
won't you be my pretty little thing?
(not that it'll help much, but this is one of those semisweet, midtempo-y songs that i seem to write a bunch of.)
~~~~
i cut my gums
trying to brush the salt
from your skin
off my tongue
i miss the smell of the sheets
i miss your busted smile
and the way you say good morning sunshine
(i guess you'd call this one upbeat. a rocker even. stop the presses...)

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger vana said...

I love that.
I am so like you in this one way:
When I do something, like write, I love to write,
I do it in PEN.
I never change it afterwards.
Never.
And that's rad that you are like me in that way.
Oh, and I love your song.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home