(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

8.08.2005

new(ton)s bulletin

break out the big red marker, kids. newton's got some dates to put on your calendars. some are very soon, some are semi-soon and some are in the not too distant future. ready? let's go.

aug 9 (yes that's tomorrow) - my good pal dawson is playing at the basement. rumor has it that i'll be playing with him in some form or fashion. grimey has threatened to whip his ass if there's not much of a crowd, so i'm trying to help a brotha out. things kick off around 9 and it's tooootally free. for the record, my money's on grimey if it comes down to it...

aug 17 - yours truly (that's me) will be opening for my super-awesome friends, strays don't sleep. the strays, if you've not seen them, are bad-ASS. dawn kinnard will also be playing. i had the chance to see her friday nite at garrison starr's show. in a word: killer. i don't want to over hype things here, but between the 3 of us, you're in for quite a treat. don't know the cover just yet, but i'd guess it's in the $5-$10 range. a bargain at twice the price. probably a 9p start. i really need all the butts i can get for this one, so tell your friends that the basement's giving away drinks or that the stones are playing a secret show. tell them anything you want, just tell 'em to get there. (note: the strays' new record is available in the uk through one little indian. i bought mine today. you can get yours here.)

aug 31 - my big trip to boston. i'll be playing with my friend amelia white who's doing her boss-ville residency at the lizard lounge. i'm not gonna be shy about this one either. if you have any friends or family up there (or if you're up there), pretty please come see me play. i can't find a good link for the club, but i hear it's close to harvard. ladies, that means it's a chance to meet a dude who's gonna make serious cash. come to the show, listen to some good tunes, meet a hot, soon-to-be-rich dude (or chick). what else could you ask for?

sept 17 - opening for mack starks at the basement. i can't tell you how lucky i am to be playing this show. mack's songwriting slays me. he's one of my top 10 favorite artists ever. yes, right up there with the boss, dylan, the clash, costello and kylie minogue. sarah siskind is playing as well.

it's taken me 2.5 hours to type this much because the man's got me working so much. i'll have more later. as always, you can get more updates and sign up for my real-deal mailing list at newtondominey.net. you can also e-mail me at info @ newtondominey net. (just be sure to delete the spaces and replace the dot, if you know what i mean.)

now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Rock on brotha. Okay...so I'm totally there the 17th...you've hyped it up enough. I will try and make tomorrow, although I probably won't be able to talk anyone into getting off their asses for the show. Ya never know, tho, I've been known to stop by, even then.

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

I hope you mean AUGUST 17th. I was about to ask you if you wanted to go and we could celebrate the bro's birthday vicariously.

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger BB Logan said...

JTC is playing the Basement with Ben Blankenship tonight, too. I think they go on around 10 or so. Maybe I'll see you there!

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

please say hello...i'll be the guy playing the table.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home