(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

8.12.2005

contest update/tidbits

brittney is my new favorite blogger (i still HATE that word). at least for the next few days she is. she has alerted the masses to my contest on nashville is talking. so far, i've got 5 entries, 1 record store catalog (thanks chris) 1 promised entry from the birthday girl. the rest of you better get the lists in before my ears fall off...

notes of a random nature:
-the high dials are playing saturday at the basement. grimey played me a few tunes the other nite at dawson's show. these canucks definitely get newton's thumbs up. swan dive has a cd release show at 8 and then this show's at 10. do both shows. get dinner in between. it'll be an adventure.
-okay, that's actually the only note i've got. i guess my fingers were bigger than my brain or something. good weekends to all...

3 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Blogger Stella said...

I'll second that to the High Dials. Checked out their record at Grimey's and it is goooooood.

And...the playlist is close. I now just have to sequence it. Thinking about giving you a disc anyway...because it's just that good.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Do you have any shows coming up? I need to see your skills for myself before I can reserve judgment.

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

as a matter of fact i do! i'm playing on wednesday (aug 17) at the basement. probably kicking out the jams around 9p.

i'm not one to toot my own horn, but whether i'm really good or really not, it'd be worth the price of admission just to see strays. they are bfa.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home