(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

9.12.2005

newton the hermit

i spent the majority of my weekend holed up in my house, working on music stuff. i watched a little racing, watched a little football, but mostly just watched my computer monitor as i built new loops for "newton's live music bonanza." i've got to keep up with motley crue somehow, and the wife ain't cool with strippers on stage, so loops it is. i spent so much time in front of the computer that, every time i looked away from the monitor i could see a blue stripe (roughly the size of a pro tools track) - like i'd been staring at a lightbulb. no wonder i woke up with a headache today. when i wasn't looking at the "music" computer, i was looking at the laptop, tracking my fantasy football team (the nash-villains, thank you very much) and sending an email out to my massive fan base letting them know about saturday nite's big show.

my fantasy football team did alright, my
favorite nascar driver won the race, the titans did their best to make sure the predators have a big crowd on oct. 5, and training camp opened today. that's a pretty good weekend, if you ask me.

what'd you get into? anything fun?


(thanks to neilson for letting me use the wicked-cool picture of him.)

3 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger Stella said...

I saw about 18,000 Americana shows. Some were killer. Some sucked. My friends stayed at my house (mom's house) and one of them passed out in the car in the driveway all night. So we left him out there. I warned my mom in the morning that there might be a strange guy walking in.

After she went downstairs and peered out the window to spot him, she frantically ran around trying to find a camera because she said we needed a picture.

I love my mom.

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Karan Simpson said...

Ok, I give. Where is Azalea Park? Apparently google has never heard of it and I don't get out much... Thanks.

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

well, it's in berry hill. other than that, i don't know. i bet if you call venus and mars, they can tell you. they asked me to play, so i'm guessing they know where it is.

sorry i can't be more help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home