(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

1.24.2006

are we not men?

a friend of mine had a post today on her myspace blog about men being dogs, always giving in to their urges, etc. she wasn't calling us (men) evil or anything like that, just stating facts (more or less). i happen to disagree, so i commented to her post. this is what i said:

the thing is, everyone has "cravings of the flesh." men might have more than women, or men might just be more apt to feel and/or give in to them. do i feel them? yup. do i care to act on them? not really. have i acted on them in the past (before i met best wife ever)? yup. was it worth the trouble? not really.

maybe i'm just lazy, but it's sure easier to not mess with all that messin' around. and it feels really good knowing that i have the rest of my life to figure out one woman - what makes her tick, what makes her laugh, what makes her cry, what makes her angry, what makes her get off...

i've got my whole life to figure her out, and it might take my whole life. i think that's why God set marriage up as a one on one, permanent type thing. i couldn't imagine trying to figure out two of her. maybe it's just me, though...

now you know what i think, but i guess i'll open it up to the group. are we (men) dogs, incapable of resisting our urges, sticking our pole in whatever pond seems to have the best fishing? or is it simply a group within our gender who give the rest of us a bad name?

discuss.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Blogger Stella said...

You. Totally. Rule.

Have I said that before? I think that men all have those urges, there's no denying that. But...there are those out there that actually can control those urges. It's the assholes that make the bad name. I think I may have touched on the subject before...

At any rate...I am proud to say that now I know not one, but two species of the male gender (family not included) that could take whatever she wrote about down. And you, my friend, are one of them. You couldn't have said it better. I will quote you one day. And it will be in my book.

MUAH!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home