(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

6.02.2006

me & my sled

any of you who have known me for any length of time know that my luck with cars is only slightly better than my luck at the lottery.

all of the cars that i've had since my first car (a purple subaru impreza, God rest its soul) have had major malfunctions whilst in my stable. not your run o' the mill problems either. weird things like doors falling off, fuel pumps (yes, multiple) refusing to work, cylinders or something like that breaking and, the latest problem, an a/c compressor blowing a diode and needing to be replaced 30,000 miles before it should've even been possible. oh yeah, and i have to have a tie rod replaced, too. and that's only two cars, kids.

so, today, i will become the proud new owner of an a/c compressor and tie rod for my 2001 saturn wagon. for those of you who think it might come up in trivial pursuit later, that'll cost a man approximately 15% of what he paid for the car 2 years ago last month.

fuck me.

(for the record, my luck with cars is the main reason why i really (really really) want nashville's public transportation system to be improved. if i could catch a bus to work and around town i wouldn't have to jack with this shit.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home