(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

7.27.2005

noses and faces

i loathe my job today.

i dislike it most days but can tolerate it. today (and the past few days for that matter) i loathe it. we're talking a break-shit-&-run-away level of disdain. all i can think about is music. all i can focus on is music. all i want to do involves music. music and lunch. i want to go to lunch just so i can get out of my three and a half walled hell for an hour or so.

i'm sure that i could quit work to focus on music full time. but then i wouldn't have any money to record songs, buy gear, play out of town shows for little money (or less) or things like that. quitting my job would be a classic example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. and i like my nose. my face, not so much. so, to quote ulysses everett mcgill, "damn! we're in a tight spot!" a tight spot that i can't seem to wriggle out of no matter how hard i try.

a wise man once wrote, "there must be some way out of here." if anyone happens to stumble across it, please let me know.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Someone show me a way to get
outa here,
'cause I constantly pray I'll get
outa here
Please, won't somebody say I'll get
outa here
Someone gimme my shot or I'll
rot here.

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Speaking of noses and faces, I have a few I'd like to smash into the brick wall that's in my office.

 
At 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boss has a big nose because it grows all day long from lying so much. She has a big ass too , but that's a whole other story....

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Poor, poor Berger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home