(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

9.13.2005

top five records

damn rob for thinking of it first. i wish i could start my own record label called top five records. it'd be great. and not self indulgent at all.

the fellas over at tangled up in blue have started a "top five" discussion of their own. rex and jill weighed in, sarcastro, too. i just put my list up there.

one thing i noticed after making my list:

there won't be no slow dancing on my island.

here it is, for your critiquing...

the clash - london calling
elvis costello - armed forces (double disc reissue)
the jayhawks - hollywood town hall
the beach boys - pet sounds
wilco - a ghost is born

my "b" list includes:
miles davis - kind of blue or sketches of spain. i won't be picky
michael jackon - thriller. hell. yesssss.
the thrills - let's bottle bohemia. one of the new fantastic bands.
the beatles - revolver. shut up. i know it should be in my "a" list.
the replacements - all shook down. for when the solo party gets introspective.

gimme your list here. go over there and give it, too, for good measure.

blog ripper offers unite!

5 Comments:

At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Third time is a charm.....

Here's what I posted:

1. Bruce Hornsby – Here Come the Noise Makers (Live)
2. Pink Floyd – The Division Bell
3. Counting Crows – Across A Wire – Live in NYC
4. Led Zeppelin – Physical Graffiti (have to go with the crowd on this one)
5. Black Crowes - Amorica

In case one of the cd's gets ruined by a title wave, then Grateful Dead's American Beauty will be my back up.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Stella said...

If it were my desert island, I'd let you have ten. But since I'm a good sport, here goes:

*Revolver - The Beatles
*Grace - Jeff Buckley
*Girls Can Tell - Spoon
*Scarlet's Walk - Tori Amos
*De Stijl - White Stripes

******

Aaaaannnd...one more time...

If we were playing it my way, here's the other five:

*10 AM Automatic - The Black Keys
*Moondance - Van Morrison
*Help! - The Beatles
*This Island - Le Tigre
*Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

You better believe I'd be slipping my 40GB iPod in my back pocket.

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

i don't care where i had to hide it, i'd at least find a way to get the nano onto the island.

maybe i could swallow it? that's a whole nother blog topic...would a nano survive being swallowed and, err, passed?

 
At 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I sit here and eat my lunch, I'll ponder that very question.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Kudos on the Jayhawks, Newt. That is one of the most underappreciated albums of all time, and it is quite often on my top 5.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home