(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

7.14.2006

one popular bastard

i'm currently on hold with ticketmaster in memphis. i'm also frantically refreshing and re-searching for available tickets through ticketmaster.com, trying to get tickets to see tom waits at the ryman. tickets went on sale today at noon central.

i logged on at 12.00 sharp. razor fucking sharp. there were no tickets available.

it's now 12.14, i've searched for tickets probably almost 60 times and still nothing. and i've been on hold with the memphis folks for about 6 minutes (the nashville line is out of service due to all circuits being busy).

i know there's lots of people out there, but i have a hard time believing that all of them logged in nanoseconds ahead of me and scooped up every last fucking ticket for this show.

i'm beyond pissed. i'm nuclear right about now.

(update: (12.38) i finally got through to a ticketmaster guy in memphis who said he had two singles available, no where near each other and that one had an obstructed view. fuck this.)

5 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger Memphis Chix said...

I famously said last night I'd fuck Saddam Hussein for a pair of tix to that show. If it happens, rest assured I'll take you as my guest.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger chez bez said...

In a beachfront hotel lobby, I logged in at 11:55 and just hit refresh over and over until it let me in.

And then I bought my one ticket. As soon as I finished the transaction, I went back for kicks to see what was left. Nada. As you well know.

Good luck, man.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Man, I really thought I was losing my mind. I kept thinking...I've read this. And I commented. A big whopper of a comment. And then I made sure it was there. I just clicked on the comments three times in wonderment...

And then it dawned on me. That was the other route...the MySpace route...DUR!!!

 
At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are you sitting? i got lucky and will actually have a view of the stage. my frien, not so much, as he'll enjoy staring a hole through a pole.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger newton dominey said...

i DON'T have any tickets. i wasn't gonna drop $100 on tickets that weren't together and have to figure out who gets screwed with the obstructed view.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home