(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

10.23.2005

what's in a name?

you all know i am upside down over hockey. sure you do. i just told you. your nashville predators are on a 7 (SEVEN!!!) game winning streak to start the season, i'm not getting all of my ass handed to me in fantasy hockey, and the season tickets that the wife and i picked out two years ago are proving to be very, very good seats. the only thing that could make the first month of the season better is if the detroit red wings hadn't won a game yet (they've actually won 7 or 8 of them and look to be better than most expected).

you know what else is good about hockey? hockey player names. best names in sport, i tell you. not only are they fun to say, but they're versatile. check out the multpile uses for these player's names:

darcy hordichuck, lw, (your) nashville predators: "what the hordichuck are you talking about?" or "i don't feel very good. i think i'm gonna hordichuck." also true for keith tkachuk (st louis) and ilya kovalchuk (atlanta).

sergei gonchar, d, pittsburgh penguins: "did you see that? he got hit right in the gonchar!!" also true for the names of simon gamache (nashville) and joe sakic (colorado).

sergei krivokrasov,"kree-vo-krazz-ov", former nashville predator: "i'm freezing my krivokrasov!"

okay, so it's not a long list, but it's what i can think of right now. what other sports names, hockey or otherwise, can you have fun with?

4 Comments:

At 12:28 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Ah, there's a challenge. Can you use 'satin lingerie' in a sentence?

To supplement yours: It's so Chelios in here, my Baumgartner is numb! Kiss my Laperriere! I'll Recchi on you!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

an older hunter who likes to talk about satin lingerie...heff? is that you?

attagirl jag! that's the spirit!

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

I suddenly don't feel so bad about leaving up my Word Verification.

By the way, you're still going on Thursday, right?

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

i'm going to do my best to go thursday. i've got plumbing to fix at my house and thursday is the day my friend can help me, so i might be coming late, but i'll do my damndest. if not, i'll teleconference me in with a picture for you.

i hope blogspammers get gangreen of the scrotum.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home