(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

8.17.2005

brace yourself.

yesterday the rest of my braces were installed. or implanted. or attached. whatever. braces, you say? yeah, braces. i've got tmj disorder. up until about 18 months ago, when this guy started treating me and correcting the issue, i had headaches every day, all the time. 24/7. some of them felt like just a bit of tension, others had me taking whatever pills i could get my hands on, getting in bed, putting a pillow over my head and rubbing my feet together* until i fell asleep. things are much, much better today than they were then. i have maybe one headache every 2-3 weeks and my jaw doesn't click when i eat. anyway.

so yesterday, dr. simmons put brackets on my front upper teeth. no big deal, i thought. just more shit in my mouth and the sooner they go on the sooner they come off, i thought. this morning i think i'm regretting that decision. my teeth hurt. my head hurts. i don't think i slept last nite because i can barely keep my eyes open right now. my whole damn body feels out of balance. i want to go home. i want to go to bed. i sure as heck don't want to be here.

a n d i h a v e a s h o w t o n i t e .

i think, and i'm hoping, that i'll shake it off and will feel better in a couple of hours. if not, maybe i can catch a 30 minute nap before i play.

to those of you planning on coming out tonite (to the show. not to your parents.), don't worry. i'll play like a champ and you'll love every last note. i'll just feel like someone backed a dump truck over my ass.





*having trouble falling asleep? try this. i swear to buddha, it works. in a pinch, an acceptable substitute is the rubbing of the bedsheets between one's fingers. oh, i also found out that the little star thing over there at the left is not called an "aster-ik", it's called an "aster-isk." just in case you were curious.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Wow. It's been a while since I've thought about braces. Just wait till you get them tightened. It doesn't get any better.

But at least you won't have headaches anymore.

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

oh...they're tightened. the bottom brackets have been on for about 6 weeks and tightened 3 times now. the wire they put in yesterday had the word "extreme" somewhere in it's name. so now i've got the xgames version of braces.

i'm so radical.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home