(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

12.21.2005

doh!!!!!

i had designs on getting the wife some pretty cool stuff for christmas. i'm normally really good at things like that. guess what i'm getting her this year?

a brand new sideview mirror for a '99 toyota camry. how's THAT for romance, dr. phil?**

in a rush to get to the hockey game last nite, i decided to go through rather than around the trash can that i thought had been pulled in from the curb. just in case it comes up in some new version of rock paper scissors, trash can beats sideview mirror everytime. every f'ing time.

she took it pretty well, other than screaming when i hit it (screaming by me, not at me. there's a distinct difference.). she actually was more pissed that i wouldn't quit apologizing than that i smashed her car.

as for the hockey game, preds won 3-2 over the colorado avalanche. the game took my mind off the mirror (and my mirror's on my mind) for a little while. it was the predators' only national tv appearance this year, so it's a good thing they looked as good as they did.

one more day till i get let out of the penalty box (my new name for my cubicle) for a few days. i've got 3 new songs, so i'm going to do my darndest to hole up in the studio for a while each day while the wife has to work. if i can get some stuff done, i'll find a way to get it to you all.



**i have actually purchased some neat stuff for the wife, but the story's much better if i tell it this way.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Ha. Wish I could've seen that. Hilarious. I mean, I'm sorry about your mirror.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home