(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

8.02.2006

with a little help from my friends (and fans)...

i need your help. and the help of your friends. and possibly your friends' friends. here's what's going on:

cdbaby, the company through whom i sell my cd is having a contest. in a nutshell, they're going to produce a cd later this year that goes out to their customers that will contain 1 song from each of their top 100 sellers during the month of august. this cd will go to 5000 people (that's a shitload)!!!!!!!!!!!
i need you guys to help me be in the top 100. that sounds nuts for a little guy like me, but here's the thing: last year it only took about 50 sales to make the top 100. i can do that. but i need your help...

i know that many of you have my cd. thanks very much for buying it. please consider buying another copy (they're only $5) and giving it to a friend. if you don't have it, please go to my cdbaby page and pick up a copy. digital sales don't count, only shipped cd's, so please don't use itunes or rhapsody (at least not until september 2nd).

i'm not above bribing people in the name of marketing, so here's what i'm going to do: if you buy a copy of heater between now and thursday, august 31 and email me or "comment" me with a picture of you holding the cd once you've received it, i'll mail you my a copy of my as of yet unreleased 10 song lp, good morning sunshine. i'll even make up artwork for it. if you order more than 2 copies, i'll also think of some other, bigger way to show my appreciation.

thanks for listening to my music, coming to my shows and to helping me reach more people by helping me get on that cd!

4 Comments:

At 1:44 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Consider yourself one closer.

Mine ought to be delivered in a couple of days. I'll let you know how much I love it!

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Stella said...

Yeah, okay...I can make this work...

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger chez bez said...

Make sure that my house indeed closes on August 15 like it's supposed to, and I'll happily take a portion of my proceeds and buy your CD.

It'll be my first official music purchase as I cross the line from middle class poverty to almost middle class poverty.

And we'll both be happy.

Question: CD Baby will produce a 100 song CD?

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger newton dominey said...

well, it's a 10 audio song cd with 90 mp3 data tracks on it. so, yes and no.

i've got my fingers crossed for the 15th. welcome to the relative poverty that accompanies home ownership.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home