(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

9.05.2006

drum roll please...

i've been checking my email every 15 minutes since september 1, waiting to find out if my 62 cd sales this month (SIXTY FLIPPIN' TWO!!!!!!) was enough to earn me a spot on cdbaby's compilation cd. well, here's a portion of the email i just received from them:

Hey Newton -Your CD (NEWTON DOMINEY: Heater) was the # 50 top-seller at CD Babylast month, so it's eligible to have a song on our free compilationCD to be given away to our customers.

*blink**cough*sputter*whatthefock?!?!*

did i see that right? the number 50 seller for the month of august? little bitty me?

if only i had a video camera so i could show you guys what the "color me ecstatic" danced looks like...

thanks to all of you who bought cd's (multiple copies at that), told friends to buy cds, put messages up on myspace or on your blog, etc. it's the additional effort that you guys made on my behalf that got me on the cd.

i'm flattered...i'm thrilled...i'm dancing...

(oh, and i haven't forgotten that i owe approximately 56 people copies of my "unreleased" record. i decided it would be easier to do it all at once. you should have your copy by the end of the month.)

4 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Blogger Stella said...

And again...WOO HOOO!!!!!!

 
At 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm enjoying the new music...and looking forward to hearing more.

 
At 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I bought one more than I needed for some reason. ;)

Congrats. The CD is great.

 
At 12:30 AM , Blogger Parlancheq said...

Cool! Your CD has been in the CD player since it arrived. (I am always too lazy to change them once a good one gets in there.) I can now sing along to all your songs. (But it sounds so much better when I do NOT sing along.) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home