(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

10.25.2006

my blog sucks.

really it does. el sucko. gone to hell in a handbasket even.

here are the issues:

-i don't really consider myself a blogger. i'm a musician who started a blog so he could get stuff off his chest when necessary and promote his music as much as possible. lately, i haven't been doing much playing out (been recording and trying to write). so, not much news worth reading. on top of that, i haven't had many bones to pick and haven't had the opportunity to do much "happy days" posting about my recent trip to new hampshire or the start of hockey season.
-i've been really, really busy. i took a new position at work to make more money (meaning i probably sold a little bit more of my soul), which limits my free time at work. that was, quite frankly, when i would do most of my posting, so there goes a handful of posts each week. i've also been volunteering 2-3 nites a week for congressman ford, trying to make sure he gets elected to the senate. frankly, this year's election is a lot more important than whatever i'm doing with music or life in general, so...
-blogger.com isn't mac friendly. that's why i did most of my posting at work. now, even if i had time to post from home i couldn't because my laptop took a nosedive in the past 3 weeks and i don't have the money to replace it (see above "more money" comment).
-my templates all f'd up and i don't know how to fix it. something got messed up a few weeks back and all of my links and whatnot got shoved to the bottom of the site. chris wage helped me fix it once, but i forget what he told me to do. frankly, i want a neato, new template all together like what jill's done over at she said what, but i don't have the time to make it. if you wanna make one for me, be my guest. i'll buy you a beer. maybe even two.

so that's where i am.

i know that a few of you have been concerned about sadie, mine & bwe's lovely little sexy puppy. she's been getting better - still not where she was, but the antibiotics and steroids have helped, her blood count's coming back and she's got a little more energy than a few weeks ago. lemme tell ya: that's one expensive dog. since the last week in september, i guess about a month ago, we've spent somewhere around $1000 or more on appointments, ultrasounds, drugs, blood work, tranfusions and stupid chicken breasts from sam's wholesale (that i don't want to buy but that are the only stupid things you can put her pills in that she'll eat). so basically, i need a laptop right now, but i have a dog that's alive and (mostly) well. i'll take it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought about WordPress, man? So far, I'm feelin' it, and it was no problem setting up my own logo/bar a la Jill at SSW - not that mine's as cool as hers, but it's better than that booger-green blogger thing I had goin' on.

Glad to hear the pooch is feelin' better.

Keep rockin'.

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Stella said...

*awwww...i'm blushing*

At any rate, I'm glad the pup is doing well. Also, your sidebar is messed up because at some point (in the posts that are still showing on your homepage), you cut and pasted something off the web with weird html that jacked it up. Once whatever it was goes into archives, it'll be all good.

In hindsight, I wish I would have done Wordpress...I like the categories...but I guess there's no going back now.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger newton dominey said...

i'm actually on the verge of, to use crazy republican talk, cutting and running to wordpress and just leaving a note behind here.

 
At 10:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They let Republicans use WordPress?

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger newton dominey said...

only if it's being used to keep the working man down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home