(insert name here)

the semi-regular musings of a semi-regular dude who's trying his best to make anything-but-regular music.

9.18.2005

show me whatchu got

first things first. jill, jag, et al.: sorry i missed the shakedown last nite. i didn't get to leave the basement until about 1.45 and was more than a little worn out. okay, now that i've got that out of the way.

last nite's show was very possibly the most bestest shows i've ever been a part of. not that i don't usually have fun and think i do an alright job, but last nite was one of those times when i felt like i really had the folks not on stage plugged in with the folk on stage. i've heard springsteen talk about feeling that "connection" and have felt it a little, but not like last nite. so, for all of you that came out (that includes you, wooderson), thanks for making it a great nite for me. i hope it was equally good for you.

the afternoon show at azalea park wasn't the best thing i've ever done, but it was fun. i decided to try a springsteen song on stage for the first time ever. it wasn't thundercrack, but it wasn't bad, either. the song in question is incident on 57th street, one of my top 5 springsteen songs. i got to meet jon raven, another musician/artist in town. nice fella. i also got to hang out with my pal dawson, drinking smuggled in busch beer and dedicating screwups to each other. good times, good times.

so at the nite show, this guy (found out that his name's shane later) walks up to me before i got going and asked if he could take some pictures of my set; he's an amateur photographer just wanting to try some stuff. he told me he'd let me download the pics off his camera before he left. not only were the pictures free and not only is shane a cool guy whose website i'll link in the next few days, but the pictures are really damn good. i've put a few of the thumbnails up and will have more on the "real" site later. keep looking for 'em.

here's what i'm givin' ya for now:
deja chucks


the only time you'll see me wear a stratocaster


hello, nashville. are you ready to mid-tempo?

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg it's Newton Dominey!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

It was fun. And I'm still kicking myself for missing the Jill/Jag shindig cos I thought it was next week.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Stella said...

Ya both missed a good one, I tell ya. Fun FUN times...into the wee hours.

Five more days...

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Scooby said...

Hey! I recognize those pics. I was sitting at the table with Shane and Jenn when he took those. Shane is an awesome photog, and a great guy.

I really enjoyed the set the other night. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home